Woocommerce Measurement Price Calculator
When it comes to selling dimension-based products on WooCommerce, the standard “quantity of one” pricing model often falls short. Products like wallpaper, fabric, mulch, and many others require a more sophisticated approach, as they are sold based on their dimensions, area, volume, or weight. The Woocommerce Measurement Price Calculator comes to the rescue, offering a comprehensive solution for setting up and pricing these types of products.
The Woocommerce Measurement Price Calculator ensures with tools for selling measurement-based products, including:
- Quantity for products with known measurements
- Pricing calculator for products sold by unit
- Per unit display of product prices on shop and product pages
- Pricing inventory support
- Dynamic weight calculation per unit for shipping
- Pricing table for price breaks based on product measurement ranges
- Area, volume, perimeter, and surface area calculators
- Support for variable products for per unit pricing, ship weight, and inventory
- Special “Room Walls” calculator for selling wallpaper
- Customizable measurement and pricing labels
- Option to set minimum and maximum values or accepted increment steps on customer-entered measurements
User-Defined or Quantity-Based Calculator: Catering to All Needs
Woocommerce Measurement Price Calculator provides dual modes: quantity-based and user-defined. This unique offering caters to a broad range of products and selling strategies.
The quantity-based calculator is ideal for selling products with set measurements, like a box of tile with specified square footage. The calculator will be shown on the frontend, prompting customers for their desired length and width, and will automatically calculate the number of boxes they need.
On the other hand, the user-defined calculator mode allows merchants to sell products priced per unit and sold in custom sizes. This calculator is perfect for selling products that are customized per order: for instance, fabric sold by the foot, with a length provided by the customer.
Inventory Support and Dynamic Weight: Enhancing Operational Efficiency
Another impressive feature of the Woocommerce Measurement Price Calculator is its capability to manage inventory “by unit” for custom-sized products. You can configure your product inventory in terms of available feet of fabric, enhancing your inventory management processes.
The plugin also offers dynamic weight per unit for your user-defined calculator products, allowing you to calculate accurate shipping costs for products customized by your customers.
Offering Flexible Pricing Structures
The pricing table is an innovative feature for products with prices that vary based on total measuring of the item. Merchants can define one or more pricing rules consisting of a dimension range, a price per unit, or a sale price per unit, and the Measurement Price Calculator will handle the rest.
A Multitude of Possibilities
With its robust feature set, the Measurement Price Calculator supports a wide range of products and scenarios, such as:
- Tile sold by the box covering a certain area
- Mulch sold by the cubic yard, with the customer supplying an area and depth
- Colored fabric by the yard
- Wallpaper by the roll based on room dimensions
- Foam sold by the cubic foot
- Fencing for a garden perimeter
- Coffee sold by the pound
- Wrapping paper by surface area
- And much more
Real-World Use Case
Let’s take the example of an online fabric store – “FabriCraft”. They sell a variety of fabrics that are purchased by length in yards. For FabriCraft, each product’s price is dependent on the length of fabric the customer needs, meaning the standard “quantity of one” WooCommerce model doesn’t apply.
FabriCraft can use the user-defined mode of the WooCommerce Measurement Price Calculator to allow customers to specify the length of fabric they need. For instance, if a customer wants 3.5 yards of a particular fabric, they simply enter “3.5” into the calculator, and it instantly provides the price for that exact length. This level of flexibility greatly boosts the customer experience by allowing precise, custom orders.
Furthermore, the Measurement Price Calculator offers FabriCraft the ability to manage inventory by length. If they have 100 yards of a particular fabric in stock, and a customer orders 3.5 yards, the inventory will automatically update to reflect the remaining 96.5 yards.
Integration with Plugins
- WooCommerce Product Add-Ons: FabriCraft can use it to offer customizable options for each fabric. For instance, they could offer a gift wrapping add-on, or an add-on for special finishing or treatment of the fabric.
- WooCommerce Shipping: The dynamic weight feature of the Measurement Price Calculator can be used along with WooCommerce Shipping to calculate accurate shipping costs. If FabriCraft knows the weight per yard of each fabric, the calculator can automatically compute the total weight of a customer’s order based on the length they’ve selected, allowing for precise shipping costs.
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips: This plugin can be integrated to automatically generate invoices for orders. These invoices will reflect the exact length of fabric ordered and the calculated price.
- WPML: If FabriCraft sells globally, they can use the WordPress Multilingual Plugin (WPML) along with the Measurement Price Calculator. Display the plugin in multiple languages, catering to a global customer base.