What are Rich Snippets?
SNIP Structured Data is an innovative structured data plugin for WordPress that adds JSON+LD formatted snippets to your website. This is needed to help search engines understand the content on your page and give them explicit clues about the meaning of it.
Some of that structured data will show so called “Rich Snippets” or “Rich Search Results” like stars, images and a lot more. Not only will this push your search results forward, using structured data is also a ranking factor of all major search engines, too.
What is Structured Data and schema.org?
“Schema.org is a collaborative, community activity with a mission to create, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the Internet”. This is what the official website at schema.org says on its home page. The project was founded by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo and Yandex as a shared vocabulary to provide search engines and other applications with structured data. If you add some of the so called schemas to your website, search engines will have a better understanding of the things on your sites. For example, you can tell them:
- where the header is;
- what the main item (like the blogpost content) is;
- who the author of a blogpost is;
- what topic you’re writing about (like product review);
- what rating you give to products and other things;
- and many more.
Is it important for SEO?
Of course it is. schema.org is out for years now and has been tested very well. So it’s not a “hype” anymore. Search engines using it frequently as mentioned above:
- Search Engines are showing Rich Snippets and Rich Search Results that provide more information to the end user (like images, ratings, etc.).
- Google Webmaster Tools shows up structured data in its Search Console website.
How can I add structured data?
A few years ago you would have needed at least a deep understanding of schema.org and how to add microdata to your HTML markup. Problems are:
- People don’t know how to add markup.
- People don’t know how to code.
- Some markup can only be included by modifying the theme directly (that means that your theme is no longer updatable out of the box).
- Theme and plugin authors rarely care about schema.org in their own products.
Sounds nearly impossible, right? But I have a solution to that:
Use the Rich Snippets WordPress Plugin today and you don’t need a single line of code! Just a good understanding of how structured data works.
There are no reviews yet.